Dinna's Loco Moco
- frying pan
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp of corn starch
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 sprig of parsley, finely chopped
- Season the ground beef with salt. Divide into two. Using your hands, make two hamburger patties 3/4 inch thick and 4 inches wide.
- In a frying pan, heat 1/2 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Place the hamburger patties in the pan, cook each side, about 2 minutes, until brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Make the gravy. In a small bowl, stir 3 tablespoons of water and 1 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch, until combined. Set aside. Using the same frying pan, add the chicken broth and soy sauce, when it starts to boil, reduce heat to medium low, slowly stir in the cornstarch mixture, until thick, about a minute. Remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl.
- Rinse the frying pan then put it back to the stove, set the heat to medium low and heat the remaining oil. Gently crack the eggs and cook until whites are mostly set, about 3 minutes. Tilt pan toward you, dip a spoon in the oil, and gently baste the uncooked areas of white (not the yolk) until they're set. Remove from heat.
- To serve, spread 1/2 cup of cooked rice on a plate, add a hamburger patty on top. Spoon gravy all over the rice and hamburger patty. Then place an egg on top of or next to the hamburger patty.
- Garnish with garlic chips and chopped parsley.
- How to make garlic chips: In a frying pan over medium low heat, heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil. Add the garlic, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, about 33 seconds.