Pink Grapefruit, Avocado and Endive Salad with Dungeness Crab
- medium mixing bowl
- large salad bowl
- 2 grapefruits
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 lb fresh Dungeness crabmeat
- 2 endives, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp coarsely ground pink peppercorns (optional)
- Cut away the skin of the grapefruits, remove the white pith. Using a knife, cut in between the membrane to release the segments. Squeeze out the juice from one of the segments just enough to make 1 tablespoon of grapefruit juice. Set aside the juice and the remaining segments.
- Make the Vinaigrette: In a jar, add the grapefruit juice, olive oil, white wine vinegar and honey. Put the lid on and shake.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the crab meat and stir in 1 tsp of the vinaigrette until crab is evenly coated. Set aside.
- Make the Salad: In a large salad bowl, using your hands or two forks, combine the endives, grapefruit and avocado. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and season with salt. Toss to combine.
- Divide the salad among bowls. Place a tablespoon of crabmeat on top. Optional: Sprinkle with coarsely ground pink peppercorns.