Steamed Bok Choy with Garlic, Ginger, Sesame Oil
A lovely side dish to any Asian food.
- 8 qt steamer
- hand grater citrus zester
- garlic press
- 4 bok choy cut in halves
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 tsp toasted sesame oil or sesame oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp sesame seed
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- Fill the steamer with an inch or two of water. Place the bok choy in the steamer basket, cover and steam for 3 minutes. I start the clock when the water starts to boil. Remove from heat. Transfer to a plate.
- In a frying pan, add garlic, ginger and sesame oil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Spoon sauce over the bok choy. Sprinkle with salt, sesame seeds and crushed red pepper. Enjoy!