Pina Colada Pork
This Pina Colada Pork recipe was inspired by the Pina Colada Cocktail. It has coconut milk, pineapple juice, pork, lime juice, fresh mint. Sweet, tangy and savory!
- large saute pan
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 lbs pork shoulder cut in 2 inch strips
- 2 tsp salt (1 tsp to season pork + 1 tsp for the sauce)
- 1 tsp pepper (1 tsp to season pork + 1 tsp for the sauce)
- 1 tbsp grated lime zest
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium onion cubed
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk (14 oz can)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 lime
- 1 small bunch of mint or parsley
- In a large mixing bowl, mix pork with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Set aside for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saute' pan over medium high to medium heat. Add pork and cook for 20 minutes or until pork is slightly brown. Stir at least three times. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add in garlic, onion and ginger and saute' for 5 minutes.
- Add back the pork. Add in pineapple juice, coconut milk and rum. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 20 minutes until liquid is reduced to 3/4. Cover with the lid but open occasionally at least two to three times to stir.
- Add lime zest, pineapple chunks, bell peppers, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer on a plate. Squeeze 1 lime all over the pork. Garnish with mint. Serve with rice.