Dinna's Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta
- large pot
- saute pan
- pair of tongs
- 1 lb angel hair Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 shallots finely diced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 zested
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup parsley
- In a pot of boiling salted water, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Remove from heat.
- In a saute pan, over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter, cook until butter is melted, about 1 minute. Add garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes until garlic and shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp, cook, stirring often, until it turns pink, about 5 minutes. Remove shrimp and transfer to plate. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add lemon juice, wine and a ladle of pasta water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium heat. Add the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter, stirring often until butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Bring to a simmer. Using a pair of tongs, transfer pasta to the pan. (It's okay for some pasta water to get in the pan.) Then return the shrimp to the pot along with parsley, lemon zest and the remaining olive oil. Toss to combine. Add pepper and salt, to taste. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.