Curry Noodles with Chicken Meatballs
- medium mixing bowl
- saute pan or a wok
- a medium pot
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion
- 1 thumb size ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 14.5 oz can of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 limes. (one juiced, one more for garnish)
- 1 tbsp fish paste
- 1 stalk, lemon grass, peel the outer skin, cut into thirds
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of acorn or butternut squash, cubed
- 1 chili pepper (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, add the ground chicken and soy sauce. Mix together using a fork or your hands. Let it rest for ten minutes. Using your hands, make 15 chicken meatballs like the size of golf balls. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
- In a saute pan or a wok, heat oil over medium heat. Add the chicken meatballs, cook, turning three to four times to brown, about 7 minutes. (Don't worry if it's not cooked all the way through as you will continue cooking it in the sauce later.) Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, add the garlic and medium onion; cook, stirring constantly until fragrant and soft, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger and red curry paste; cook, stirring constantly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice and fish paste. Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring constantly, until the peanut butter and fish paste has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Increase the heat to medium, then add back the chicken meatballs along with the bell pepper, squash, chili pepper (optional). Cover the pan with a lid and cook, until the squash is fork tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove and discard the lemon grass.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of boiling water, cook the pasta, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain the pasta.
- To serve this dish, divide the sauce among bowls. Then add the pasta. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro. Squeeze more lime juice if you like. Enjoy!