This recipe is flavorful with all fresh, organic ingredients.
- saute pan
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp turmeric, grated
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup heirloom tomato, diced
- 1 14.5 oz organic coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced against the grain into bite-size pieces
- salt, to taste
- ⅛ tsp fish sauce
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into 1 in. x 1 in. or bite-size rounds
- 5 baby potatoes, skin-on, cut each potato into 4 pieces
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 2 limes, cut into halves
- In a saute' pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add the aromatics- ginger, garlic, onion, turmeric; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant for 5 minutes.
- Add the heirloom tomatoes; cook, stirring often, until soft and juicy, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the liquids - coconut milk, water and fish sauce and also, at the same time, add the chicken and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and baby potatoes; cook, until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Taste. Add more salt if needed. Remove from heat.
- Add the basil and squeeze the lime juice all over. Stir to combine. Divide among bowls. Serve with rice.